The love for craft beer in Mumbai is growing slowly but steadily; it is already a established market in Pune & Bangalore but seems Aamchi Mumbai is not too far behind.
Crafters opened in Powai is one of the latest entrant in this Brewery market and they do hold their own when it comes to crafted beers along with some specially crafted food as well.
Recently visited Crafters for a lunch and had an amazing experience here; a 130 seater outlet with spacious seating (Do opt for their Sofa sets – You’ll never want to leave) & high ceiling.
The Arc shaped huge window at the diagonal end of entrance offers a broad view of the street below; an ideal place to sit with your drinks and lose yourself in thoughts.
For the love of Beers and since not an expert in craft beers, we asked for a tester of their offering (No Charges).
After tasting around 9 flavors; we selected our 2 favorites : A perfect balance of Sweet & Bitter combination for our palates
- Belgian Wit : Wheat based with a hint of Orange peel, Coriander & Cardamom. All the goodness of the beer with none of the bitter taste.
- Dark Lager : This one was spiked with malts & chocolate with a hint of sweetness from bread & biscuit.
Moved on to Crafted beer cocktails; they have 4 option to choose from :
- Easy BeerEasy : The Belgian Wit mixed with pineapple juice, sprite & a dried lemon. A relish able blend and a perfect mix of all flavors on a sweet note! Definitely worth a try if you liked Belgian Wit!
- BeerRita : In-house Lager mixed with tequila, lime & sea salt gave this the perfect twist to hit the right notes - Recommended
Moving to the food; they offer a lot of options here as well; start your meal with a healthy salad or stick to bar nibbles if you just want to sip on those crafts or order for a Pizza/Burger or jump straight to the Main course for some roasted Chicken/Well-cooked steak!
- Lamb Seekh Kebab : Minced Lamb served in green chutney – Soft & delectable!
- Calamiri : Fried Calamari rings with Peri Peri coating with a side of in-house chili mayo dip – A perfect bar nibble!
- Chicken Kalimiri Kebab : Flavorful & juicy in each bite; a must call for!
- Pork Ribs : My start appetizer of the day; 3 huge ribs well marinated and served with BBQ sauce with a side of shredded cabbage. This was simply soft and came off the bones without any effort & each bite was a delight! Cannot afford to miss out on this one!
- Boeuf Steak : Served as a main course for us; generous chunks of steak cooked to perfection and accompanied with baby potatoes & mushroom. Recommended for all steak lovers.
Desserts : Both the desserts were simply perfect; while the “New York Cheesecake” was chilled and served on a bed of smashed granola with berry compote on top; the Beeramisu was warm with the content of Kahlua and consistent mix of cream & cocoa. Almost called for a second helping of each – Do not miss out on these sweet offering at Crafters!
Very few places leave a lasting impression in your mind and Crafters does leave a memorable experience to my liking.
For the love of Eating & Drinking – Crafters is the ideal choice!