Rodas Ecotel Hotel is a well knows name in the hospitality industry with their impeccable service and niche client segment that they have been catering to for over a decade.
Located across the prime corporate hub of Powai and easily accessible via road from major town areas they house a beautifully designed restaurant by the name of Parabola.
True to their name, Parabola is cone shaped restaurant creating a symmetrical design on their ceiling which runs uniformly across the restaurant and is an intriguing pattern to look at.
Having a seating capacity of 50 people this multi-cuisine restaurant & coffee shop caters to you round the clock, specializing in sumptuous lunch and dinner buffets 7 days a week at a modest price of 699++ which is a steal.
We were here for Sunday lunch, we were seated as soon as we entered and greeted by Parabola’s Head Chefs Mr. Abdul & Mr. Tarun (Truly humble guys), they inquired on our meal preference (Veg or Non Veg) and stated they will send the appetizers to the table.
A total of 6 appetizers were served to us and we are still trying to figure out which was our favorite of the entire lot!
- Sugarcane Infused Lamb Seekh kebab : Mined mutton meat tandoored over a sugarcane stick for the fusion of flavors. A bold experiment and loved the taste on this one.
- Veg Galouti Kebab : Always a mutton galouti fan but this one got me surprised, melt in mouth & bite sized kebabs – a perfect combination! Any veg lovers delight!
- Chicken Koliwada : Shallow fried but no trace of oil and soft texture, this is a perfect appetizer to go along with your drinks.
- Fiery Chicken Wings : Served on a sizzling tray and probably a dozen of fiery flavored wings, this one got me getting my hands dirty to enjoy the flavors completely. Well marinated and easy to eat as the flesh came out of the wing bones easily. Chicken Wing lovers paradise!
- Murg Gilafi Seekh Kebab : Seekh kebab is generally reserved for mutton as that’s what tastes good, but my opinion changed after having this, beautifully presented minced chicken kebab with onion and mint leaves dressing garnished with chili powder on the side. Something rare and an absolute delight to be had here!
- Rajasthani Murg Tikka : Your usual tikka but well flavored, succulent, perfectly tandoored and topped with a bit of cheese. These magical chunks of chicken disappeared in no time from our plates.
Standard set so high already and the mains lifted the bar only higher to our satisfaction.
- Gosht Nalli Nihari : Love at first sight for me! 4 portions of nalli with the softest mutton chunk on them served in a flavorful gravy, these went perfectly with the paratha served and probably one of the best mutton dishes I’ve had. Do not miss out on this if you are dining at Parabola!!!!
- Chilly Garlic with Pepper Parsley Rice : Another sign true dish, the garlic flavor complimented the Parsley rice perfectly, recommended if you are a vegetarian & have an inclination towards oriental cuisine.
Dessert : Custom designed ‘France Pastry Dessert’ comprising of whipped cream, strawberry, Churros shaped lemon tart along with dusted sugar & chocolate mud pile, tasted as good as it was artistically presented. Sweet tooth satisfaction 100% guaranteed!
We left Parabola with a feeling of content in our heart & tummy; a dual feeling very few restaurants manage to satisfy!
GO ahead and book your table now for an awesome soul satiating meal, Parabola is also an apt destination for parties or any social events if you are looking for one.
Photo credits - My Redme Camera