Recently had the pleasure to visit Banjara restaurant which opened roughly 7 months back. Situated in the Goldfinch hotel which has set the standards high among business hotels. Located in the heart of MIDC this place caters to the corporate honchos on a daily basis and is an ideal choice for an afternoon leisure lunch buffet (Available daily) or an A La Carte selection from a well curated menu consisting of North/South/Asian cuisine keeping the diversity in mind.
With a Seating capacity of 92 people they are generally fully booked on weekdays considering the business hub surrounding it. The décor is classy with spacious and comfortable seating, high ceilings, an array of huge windows lining up on a wall providing ample sunlight and a wavy mesmerizing wall on the other side – Complete Tranquility!
We walked in on a Sunday afternoon around 3 PM for lunch and realized the buffet time was almost getting over and decided to stick to the A La Carte menu.
Started with a round of drinks, Watermelon juice which was freshly prepared and a mocktail Blueberry Lemonade which was fizzy and had the right blend of Blueberry, lime & soda.
Coming to food we ordered and this is where things got interesting :
- Murgh Angare : Presentation 10/10. Served in a locomotive engine with 2 housing units, one containing the mint chutney and the other section had the coal burning under a grill with succulent chicken tikkas over it. These were hot till the last piece and delicious. (Recommended)
- Surmai Masala Fry : 4 large slices of Surmai fish (Fresh catch) masala fried to perfection. This took no time in disappearing from our plates and left us wanting for more! (Highly Recommended)
- Basa Masala Fry : Tender chunks of Basa fish marinated with spices and served on a banana leaf, a perfect balance of taste of basa & masala.
Main Course :
- Thai Green Curry & Rice : Not my first time having this dish as its widely available but the first bite of this combo set new standards for me. A creamy touch to the gravy with oodles of chicken pieces added in mixed with rice and you can’t get enough of this dish. (Highly Recommended)
- Rajastani Laal Maas : Recently developed a liking for mutton dishes and Rajastani Laal Maas is on more reason behind my new taste bud addiction. Tender Mutton cooked in red gravy bustling with flavors in each bite – Pair it with Roti or Rice; you cannot go wrong with this dish. (Highly Recommended)
Desserts : Simply because it is mandatory!
- Strawberry & Blueberry Cheesecake : Fascinated with the sheer size at first and then bowled over by the texture & taste of these yummy desserts. Freshly prepared and you can taste the cream used while the Blueberry/Strawberry flavors adding to it and the base was a perfect crisp as well. If you are a cheesecake lover then do try any or both of it! (Highly Recommended)
This concluded our dining experience at Banjara and we left with a happy satiated feeling and a subconscious need to return for more.
Service is impeccable & the staff courteous and always available, the ambience – something you need to experience once you are there.
Definitely recommended to all food lovers & cannot wait to go back myself soon enough!